Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stress/Trip/Scanner

Sorry about taking so long to post anything new. I started working at a daycare about a month ago and my schedule is awful, 9:30-6:30, so I have just enough time in the morning to get nothing done and I am so tired in the evening that I don't get anything done then either. This job is making me so stressed out that I am actually looking for a new one already, so if any of you know of any jobs here in mesa I would love to hear about them!!!

Jacob and I got to go to Snowflake almost two weeks ago now and it was a blast. I helped mom put together a flower bed and I got to drive their tractor too! Seems silly, but it was really exciting. Mom was wanting some pitures of flowers to print out and hang in her living room so I took my camera and went around the yard and took pictures of all her flowers and they turned out pretty good, so now she just has to print them out and hang them up. I saw their stairs for the first time too, they look really great. They did an awesome job.

So I know I'm jumping from subject to subject, but Jacob and I were cleaning up our room and organizing a couple weeks ago and we realized that I have nearly a full shelf on our bookshelf devoted to notes from my past classes, stuff that could be valuable in the future if I ever needed to look something up... so we decided it would be a little more space efficient to buy a scanner and save that whole shelf of notes on the computer, so we splurged and bought a scanner on ebay for just under $100. We got it last week and I scanned in a whole 2 inch binder with over 500 pages in less than an hour. Could you imagine doing that with a flatbed scanner, page by page?!! Ick! This scanner has an automatic document feeder that holds up to 50 pages as well as a legal paper size flatbed scanner. If you want, you can even scan double sided, but it takes quite a bit longer so I have not used it very much. The only bad thing is that it does not scan pencil very well (which is several of my folders of notes for math) but that is okay because it does great on the other stuff, don't know about color documents because I have not tried it yet. It also has a scan function that actually scans typed documents and sends it right back into Microsoft Word and preserves the formatting. It is great fun. If anyone ever needs to scan stuff into the computer, just come on over and you can use my handy dandy scanner...

3 comments:

Shelane said...

loving the scanner idea. sounds like a good one. i need to find one to scan all my negatives from before i had a digital.

Christy said...

I think Heather and Ryan got a scanner for negatives, you might ask them.

Anonymous said...

yeah we have a negative/slide scanner. only problem is you'll have to use it at my house.