Friday, June 13, 2008

Work Again...

So I am just frustrated now. Just when I feel like I am doing okay at the job, someone in the office comes and tells me something else I am doing wrong. I feel like all I ever hear are the things that I am doing wrong. I have only had one person tell me that I am doing something good, and that was yesterday. Four weeks there, and only one good thing? I hate this roller coaster of emotions. I feel like quitting then I am fine and I am just starting to feel like I am doing okay and then they come up with something else and I am right back to where I was last Friday, I feel like quitting. If only I did not have to worry about money I would have been gone last week. Too bad that the money disappears faster than it comes in, even without having to pay for food or rent. Even with this summer job I don't know how we will make it through this next year, I guess I could work mornings in the fall, but when would I have time to do my homework? And in the spring there is no way I can work while student teaching. I just really can't wait until I graduate and I don't have to work pitiful summer jobs anymore and I can stay home and be a mom. I am sure it is hard work being a mom, but at least you don't have people telling you everything you are doing wrong for the most part. It would make a huge difference if they were to focus more on the good things I do and tell me things to work on somewhere in there, but I am not getting very much positive feedback at all. Anyway, now that I have spent my lunch break ranting and raving I have to go back to work. Can I just cry?

So is the only reason I don't like my job my attitude? Maybe I am just fooling myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have kids. They grow out of clothes so fast that you won't have money to go out and eat anymore. You'll have to cancel cellphones and limit your driving to save gas. Don't forget those carseats that cost $80 each and can only use them for a year. Oh, and you want them to have fun as kids...good luck...hope you like working full time so you can afford them in the evenings and on weekends. BUT I would live in poverty everyday for the rest of my life to have kids. You'll look back at this time and be amazed at how much money you have. You'll realize later how little you really can live on! Be thankful that your job ends at 6:30. When you have your own, you work 24 hours a day. They don't care about you getting sleep. That's actually a word that is outlawed in the land of parenthood. And they act like they don't appreciate you and let you know that you're doing a horrible job. At least now you are getting paid to deal with the cra*! (BTW, parents do have good days now and then!) I really do love my kids like crazy!

Blain&Deedra said...

We are actually living in ClaySprings right now. And life is very busy but absolutely wonderful! Good Luck with your job!