Friday, June 20, 2008

That's it! I Quit!!!

Okay, so last Friday I come home to an empty house (in-laws were out of town) so it was just me and Jacob, which was great, so I pumped up the air mattress in the living room and we watched about the first 10 minutes of a movie on it then decided the couch was more comfortable. Anyway, to the point, after the movie Jacob told me he thought I should quit my job because it was causing me so much stress etc. so he said I should think and pray about it again, so Sunday night I did just that and decided that I should quit, job prospects or not although I did have an idea or two about where I would look. Monday morning I woke up and called the Math Department Chair at Dobson (I interned with her last fall and she had offered me a summer tutoring job back in February but I declined since there were not enough hours to work) I left a message and asked her if they still had a need for a tutor and for her to give me a call back and I headed off to work. At work I gave the director my notice just as I was leaving for lunch and I told her I could stay until they found a replacement, up to two weeks... Little did I know that I had already gotten a call and a message from Kelly (the dept chair) saying that they had already hired a tutor but since one of the teachers had dropped out for the second summer session that she had gotten permission from her principal to hire a second tutor for the second session, which starts Monday... So I call her back saying that I will take the job, go home eat my lunch real quick, go to Dobson, pick up the application and head back to work to tell the director that I will only be working through the end of the week. Tuesday morning I go to the district office, fill out the new employee paperwork and here I am, I just finished my last day at the daycare and it is such a stress reliever. I am so excited to actually have a little bit of time to study for my AEPA (Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment) that I have on July 12th. Imagine trying to study for an 8 hour test when I only have a couple hours in the morning to do anything and the same in the evening except I am so tired that all I want to do is sleep! Yeah, wasn't happening. So that is what is going on with me right now, I never expected to actually find a job that quick, although it is only for 3 weeks...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone I talked to that took the AEPA said you should only do one part at a time. Otherwise, it is way too overwhealming and you'll probably not do very well (and have to retake it anyway). Is it too late to take only the content portion and save the professional knowledge for later?

Shelane said...

I love it when things work out when you need them to. Stress is so not worth it.

LaurenOpie said...

hey ashley! Im so glad to read your blog! :) It was fun visiting with you today.

amber said...

Hey Ash, how did your test go?? You didn't stress out too much I hope! Have a great week.