Monday, March 15, 2010

Jessica Crawls... I am in Snowflake...

This is a few weeks late, but Jessica started crawling last month, the day before she turned 8 months old.  HOORAY!! .... Now she is getting into quite a few things, but not too much.  The first week or so she kept wanting to crawl to the TV stand with all the electronics and their pretty lights.  She got close then kept reaching out to grab things, and I kept putting her hand back on the floor and saying "no".  After about the 6th or 7th time, she realized I was serious and started to cry, at which point I turned her around and gave her a different toy to play with.  Thankfully it only took 5 or 6 times of doing that for her to quit trying altogether.

She is doing really well with crawling over steps.  From the Family Room to Arizona Room, there is a five inch drop and she has face planted on the tile several times, but now she goes over the drop no problem except when she is tired. 

Jessica has become so attached recently.  If she is not with someone she knows (grandma, grandpa, mom or dad) then she gets hysterical.  I left her in the nursery when we had our Relief Society luncheon last Saturday, and she lasted maybe 5 minutes.  And with my Mom and sister today, she is only happy if I am in direct sight, and sometimes only when I am holding her.

....

So this morning I was sitting down for breakfast, and my mom in law asked what my plans were for the day and I did not really have a response except ... uuhhh.... uuhhh.... SO, I thought about what I wanted to do (since this is my week off from tutoring because of spring break) and I decided to come up to Snowflake.   I had planned on it earlier in the year, but had never made official plans, and pretty much decided against it last night, but then I changed my mind this morning about 7:30, by 9:30 I had washed the dishes, packed and headed out the door, leaving the hubby behind to fend for himself for a couple of days.

Jessica slept all the way to Payson, had a bottle, got a diaper change in Forest Lakes, Graham Crackers in Heber then fell asleep while finishing them off and slept the rest of the way to my parents place.  It was a fabulous trip.  I LOVE that she can feed herself now!!! I just hand back the crackers, and she devours them.  So much easier than having to stop every time she gets fussy.  Just pull out a cracker!!  Should have named her Polly :).

So for Snowflake.  I don't know what I am going to do while I am here, but it doesn't really matter, it is just a change of pace and it is wonderful.  So far I got to help my mom edit her essay, build a fire (first try!! wahoo! I am so talented!!), watch my nieces and nephew and chat with my hubby while he was on his way home from work.

Fabulous.

No comments: