Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jacob

Alright. On to updating on Jacob. He is still as handsome and as wonderful as ever in case you were all wondering...


Oh I love this man. He does so much for me and Jessica. He works so hard to bring home the dough... guess its up to me to cook it :) hehe.


Jacob finished classes in April of 2009, graduated in May, took his board exams the end of that month, waited for his results and certification to be able to put out official applications for work. So he put out applications, and applications and applications. In AZ, in UT (daring eh? We all know how he dislikes the cold, so that would almost be considered suicide right? hehe). .... June. Nothing. July. Nothing. August. Nothing... get the picture? We were getting worried. Finally October rolls around and he sees a job opening at the hospital he did his Clinical work at and applied for it. It was only part time, but got to start somewhere eh? He got the job, and started his 'training' the week before Thanksgiving (full time for the first three weeks. Fabulous), so he missed out on all of the festivities with my family, but got to have a nice dinner with most of his family.


He was able to work a few extra days here and there when his colleagues wanted a day off and needed to find someone to cover for him. Just before New Years on Sunday, he was talking to one of his co-workers who mentioned that she was working extra hours at another hospital in the same network, so she mentioned his name to her supervisor, who emailed Jacob, Jacob was interviewed and was working by Wednesday. He was able to work at the first hospital part time and fill in the rest of his hours at the second for about a month.


When one of his other co-workers told everyone that she would be having surgery, they asked Jacob if he would cover her shift while she recovered. At this point the second hospital did not need him as much because their person who was out came back, but he was able to keep up the full time with the switch. Then, a full time position opened up at the hospital, he applied for it as well as another co-worker. She got it. But, he got her shift. YEAH!!! Officially full time!!! Hooray lower health insurance premiums!!


He now works from 12:00 noon to 8:30 p.m. so I get to see him for several hours in the morning, make lunch and eat with him, make his dinner, and send him off to work. I am LOVING this schedule! (also too because Jessica goes to bed at 7:00 so I have 2 hours to do WHATEVER I want to do! And tonight that whatever led me to the conclusion that I want to start blogging again.)


Some reasons I love my Jacob:


*He loves to take me to my favorite stores (DI, Savers, etc.) and find awesome deals with me. In the past 3 weeks we have found a Kitchen aid for $80, a medela double breast pump for $25, a little people Manger scene for $15, Tons of toys for Jessica all for not more than $10.


*He loves to help me fix up things that we find at said stores. We are taking apart the kitchen aid, re-greasing it, replacing missing parts, etc.


*He is willing to try new things. While he was looking for work, his car needed work, so he searched this wonderful thing called the Internet and found tutorials on how to fix what needed to be fixed and got to work.


*He indulges me in my whims. In October I decided I wanted to getaway for the weekend, so I took him on an adventure to Sedona. He had no idea where we were going until we were leaving town. Jessica loved being on Jacob's back in the Snugli.


... Isn't Life Wonderful?

No comments: