Thursday, March 4, 2010

LATE POSTING: She is here!!!

Who: Jessica Lynn Johnson
Day: Saturday June 20, 2009
Time: 2:47 pm
Weight: 8 lbs 3 oz
Length: 21 inches
Pictures:






Sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted, I don't really have an excuse other than I have someone that depends on me for absolutely everything... you know how it goes. Anyway, for those of you who have absolutely been dying to hear the gory details of the delivery here it goes...

Saturday morning I woke up about 4:00 to go to the bathroom, and on the way my water broke. Soaked my clothes half way to the knee. Lovely feeling, I know. I did not want to wake up Jacob right away because I knew it was going to be a long day for him, so I got a few things together, and then I woke him up. We got to the hospital around 4:30 a.m. and sat in the triage room until close to 6:15. I hate those small, uncomfortable beds in there so I was glad when we finally got a room in Labor and Delivery. I was dilated to 5 by 7:30 (at which time I got an epidural), and stayed that way until they gave me pitocin (around 10) to speed things up. By ......


So I never finished this post. So here is a rough (8 months later) finish.

They gave me another dose of the epidural around 11:00 or so because it was wearing off and I was feeling the contractions although I though I was just feeling the pressure. I was getting tired really fast and when I started crying over nothing they told me I was getting more medicine. 5 minutes later I was talking and laughing again like nothing happened. About 1:30 they decided I was dilated enough so they prepped the room for the delivery and had me start pushing about 1:45. An hour later Jessica was here. I needed a few stitches, but everything else went really well. It made me cry to see Jacob holding Jessica and the way he looked at her. He was smitten from the first moments.

I was so happy to have so much family there with me in the Delivery room. Jacob, Mom (both of you), Deanna. And all of you waiting in the lobby. That was such a special day and I am glad so many of you could share that with us.

By the way, I loved the epidural. My mom kept looking at the monitors, then looking at me and asking, "and you didn't feel that?" ... Mine was the first delivery she has witnessed with an epidural.

No comments: