Monday, December 15, 2008

So done with School

Ok, so I have this issue with finals this semester (I only have two of them), but it seems that I have run out of steam for school and I do not really care any more. You know how I was always the one that had to get the A+, and sometimes had to settle for an A or A-, well these past couple weeks I have decided that for these two specific classes, I really don't care if I get a B or a C (Oh shocker, I know!).... The only thing I was concerned about, but only slightly, was making sure that I still graduated with honors. I have to have something to show for all my hard work. Anyway, after a couple quick mathematical calculations including my projected A's for three of my classes, I realized that I only have to have a D in these two classes to get the GPA for Summa Cum Laude for graduation next semester, but I have to have C's to actually graduate so no lower. Added to that I only have to get a 54% on my project that was due this morning (and was turned in late :0...) to get a B in the class... and only a 20% on my final tomorrow for a C in that class (60% for a B). SO.... I decided that I am way okay with failing my last ever final exams and still getting my honors at graduation.



Senioritis. Gotta love it.

5 comments:

Shelane said...

oh, for shame.

(but i feel ya)

ps. we have snow!

Aaron N Beki said...

haha that suprises me yes! Your almost done though? Way to go that is something to be proud of! Congrats! and Yes I will be in Snowflake for some of the Christmas season We will have to get together it would be fabulous to see you again! love ya!good luck!

Anonymous said...

Just wait for student teaching. You'll have senioritis SO bad that this will seem like nothing. Good Luck next semester!

amber said...

ah you suck. Lucky you though, I hover at the A/B level all semester. I will barely get cum laude because our college thinks we're all too smart and so makes it harder to get honors (3.84 just to get cum laude!!)
anyway, we are coming christmas night and staying till sunday. I'm excited!!

Lyndee said...

haha That is cool you don't have to really worry about finals! I hope they went good! I am so jealous you are graduating! Congrats Congrats!!! Good luck with your student teaching next semster.