Saturday, May 9, 2009

Done! Finally Done!!!

Wow! I can finally breathe again!! I am done with my student teaching and Jacob is done with school, except for his board exams on the 20th. It is hard to believe that we are done, I don't know what to do with myself. Trying to come up with things to do is harder than I thought it would be. Of course it makes it only more difficult that I have been put on 'modified bed rest'. I was having quite a few contractions Thursday morning so I called up my doctor and they told me to get down to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitors and I sat there in the hard hospital bed for about 3 hours. They came in a couple times to give me tributiline shots, but since I was contracting pretty much every time the baby moved around they told me to take it really easy for the next few weeks. I have to sit down and stay out of the heat as much as I can, and 'no shopping at walmart'... Any ideas on what to do from those of you who have been on full bedrest? This is only my third day and I am already wanting to do things that I probably should not be doing...

4 comments:

lrbodine said...

Congrats on being done! That little girl needs to stay inside a few weeks longer. If you want to sit during music time - feel free! :)

Oh and for what to do on "bed rest". Read books or take up cross stitching! One of my friends made Ellie the cutest cross stitch while she was on bed rest.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you need to drink at least a gallon of water a day. Dehydration causes contractions, and since the heat around here has gotten "slightly" higher, you are going to need more and more water. Just keep a bottle of water around with you all the time, and keep re-filling it. It helps to keep a calendar of how many times you have drank all the water and had to refill the bottle. Whenever it seemed that I was having a lot of contractions, I would drink lots of water, and they would go away shortly. Just an FYI. As for what to do with your spare time....you could always take up...um...quilting??

Christy said...

I'm sorry to hear you are on bedrest. I second Heather's advice about water! They have a hlaf gallon water bottle that I used, so I would only have to fill it twice a day.
As far as entertainments goes, read lots of books, sudoku, movies, call people. I also did indexing for family search. You can do it on a laptop. Basically, you take info off microfilm and input it in their system.
Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Larry and Karri said...

Haven't had to do the bedrest thing. Good luck - hope you find something to keep you on the up and up. :)