Sunday, October 12, 2008

X-Rays Anyone?

As a precursor, I think these are cool but to some they may be a bit graphic so be warned. I personally did not take these images but are severe cases that I have found throughout the internet. Fortunately, I do not get this much of trauma cases where I am at the Baywood hospital.

This one was from a domestic violence incident where a 12cm nail was used.



This one shows why they have the recall on the magnetix(I think that's what they're called). A boy swallowed the pieces and they reconnected before they could pass through.


This one is a result of a patient coming in complaining about a toothache and surprise! Those construction workers shouldn't play with nail guns.



And for the last one, this is a more recent case from Britain where a teen was assaulted, the stock was broken off.


Although I do get some interesting x-rays that come in through the ER, some are a bit too strange to be able to post. Anywho, hoped you have enjoyed a bit of these interesting cases.


Jacob

2 comments:

Shelane said...

wow. may i never have occasion to give you something worthy of posting.

Christy said...

ugh! Glad that's your job and not mine!